Watch your Credit

Watch your Credit

Here’s a simple tip that can help you save money in the long run, be watchful of your credit score and credit accounts. If you aren’t careful with credit cards, you could end up with a fortune to pay back in interest. I recommend always paying your balance in full each month to avoid paying any interest at all, but sometimes that isn’t so easy. Make sure you stay organized when it comes to your credit accounts. Make online logins for each of them and keep their balances as low as possible. I once bought a pair of socks with a Sears credit card and subsequently forgot all about it. Months later I received a call to “collect a debt” of over $500 for that one pair of socks. This is because I was getting late payment fees which were then in turn also accumulating interest. Don’t be like me, pay your bills on time and always watch your credit.